Celtic Shamanism refers to the traditions and ways of the people native to Great Britain. Over the centuries the shamanic tradition has been partially lost and forgotten although there is quite a lot of material around to help us restore many of the old traditions and make them work for us in today’s modern society.
There are clearly defined principles in Celtic Shamanism and they also appear in other shamanic traditions:-
- Discovering your relationship and inter-connectedness to all things created, animal, vegetable and mineral
- Becoming aware of the Cosmos around you the shape, dimension and substance
- Understanding the alternative states of consciousness and learning to connect with your totem beast and power animals who live in the alternative states
- Contacting your Shamanic spiritual guide and mentor, your Guardian Animal and Power Animal
- Journeying to the other worlds where you encounter spirits who can help and teach you
Celtic Shamanism has a holistic view of the world, where there is no division between flesh and spirit, the sexes are equal and we are all part of a single creation. Things have changed, though, since our ancestors practised these ancient techniques and many of us now live in cities. However, we can still harbour the earth's energies and encourage an awareness of the natural world where we are just caretakers for the next generation.
There are two aspects to a Celtic Shamans life, the exploration of non-physical realms, and healing. Healing not only for others and ourselves but also for our mother, the earth.
For more information please do contact me:-
T: 01883 330761
“I feel that I can understand myself more and be in control of emotions and feelings - good or bad. It's also opened my eyes for some things less logical.”